Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm not sure what happened.....

I'm not sure why I'm such a bad blogger lately. I just can't seem to get my act together. This post will be long just to update us. I have lots of pictures with a few stories to go along with them. Thursday night we were the center of a bad thunderstorm/tornado path. It rained and hailed ice for awhile. It was enough to keep us up most of the night. There were a few planes that were blown around the airport as well as many people left without homes after the tornado. It was crazy. I was hoping that Cade's field trip would still be on.
Cade had a field trip to Cedar Rock Park in Alamance County of Friday. This threw off my entire weekend. Usually I do laundry all day on Friday, of course that didn't happen. I wasn't about to start it late that night so it didn't get done at all this weekend. I'm tellin' y'all by Sunday morning when we were all searching for slips matching socks, and pants I was sad that I procrastinated on that one. I have learned my lesson. DO THE LAUNDRY- NO MATTER WHAT!!! The park was fun. Cade was pretty well-behaved. He wanted desperately to go the Hoppers game that night with Tia Lettie and Kris. We'll come back to that. I'm so pleased with Cade some days. When I get in a class situation I'm glad my kids don't act like they've never been anywhere and can keep their hands to themselves. Let's just say, there are just some kids that get on your nerves. Here are a few pics from Cade's day.



Well, we got back in time to have some 'forced' quiet time. I knew the boys would be up late at the baseball game watching the fireworks so I was really trying to push a nap. Neither one succomed to my threats. Lettie has a suite with her work and they wanted to take the boys. I'll have to remind her to send her pics to me.We paid for the late night by Saturday afternoon. The boys had a great time at the game. However, Lettie sent us a text about 10:30pm saying that Kelson wanted to come home to mommy. Awwww..... He still does love me the best! I was already asleep. Cheeto went to get him. When I got up with him in the morning he was ticked that Cheeto had brought him home. He said he really did want to stay at Tia's. He wanted Cheeto to take him back at 6:30am so he could breakfast at her house. Funny kid! She already had plans to have them at Waffle House for breakfast.
I had to be at the church by 8:30am for an enrichment activity. I really didn't want to spend any money for Mother's day so for my gift I I told Cheeto I didn't want to clean the house this week. He happily said that was fine. He simply said, "OK!" "NO, honey, I still want it clean! I just don't want to be the one to do it." I knew he knew what I was asking, he was just being Cheeto. So while I was at the church Cheeto and the kids cleaned my house. That was better than any gift! I got home from enrichment to get kids in the car to go pick strawberries. There is a fresh strawberry farm here that we love to go to in the spring. I go every year, I just don't think I have ever taken the kids or Cheeto with me. We had so much fun. Cade was happy to fill the baskets but we couldn't get him to taste one. Even though he eats my jam made from the same berries. Weird kid! We came home to eat and have an hour of quiet time. The quiet time didn't happen so we decided to play outside in the nice 80 degree weather. The kids and I washed the cars and Cheeto did a little yard work. After the big storm on Thursday our cars were plastered with leaves. People kept telling Cheeto it would be fine that he waited to wash leaves off. BIG MISTAKE! After some serious washing, he had permanent leaf prints all over his paint. I called my dad and he told me to get this rubbing compound and rub on the spots. Thankfully, it worked like a charm! I was going to be so said that Cheeto's new white car looked like gray leaves had been painted on it. You couldn't see them as bad on my car since it's such a dark blue. We played outside all afternoon. After some baseball, car washing, and many popsicles later, we ordered out for pizza just getting ready in time to get to the boys to the Dynamo Soccer game for the awards ceremony. They were getting backpacks and trophies during halftime. Analise was beyond exhausted so we dropped her off at Tia's on the way out to the park. The boys had a great time- a bit whiny- but good. It was kind of cold so we didn't stay for the entire game and it was getting late. Church the next day required some sleep!



Sunday morning I was honored to sleep in! We made some cinnamon rolls and got ready for church. Analise was a bear. Cheeto asked more than once to stay home with her. I kept telling him we just had to get through sacrament meeting. She would be fine in nursery. Thanks Lettie- for remembering my flower. Cheeto got a lot of compliments for getting me a corsage to wear. Many wives were a bit jealous. On mothers day Mom and I do nothing to help with dinner except make the request of what to have. They made us stake and potatoes! Man- it tasted good! The rest of the afternoon was just spent lying around relaxing. It was great!
Monday we had a field trip planned at the Natural Science Center with a bunch of mommies from the ward. Kelson wasn't real excited to go but after getting there I had to bribe him to leave. We had so much! It's great to get to know other mom's in the ward! Thanks Susie for thinking of us! We had FHE at G'ma's about lying. Kelson has come to that age. I hope the story of the Crying Wolf will help him!



This morning Kelson had his 5 year pictures. Here is his latest! Cute little guy!




1 comments:

Allison said...

Kelson is the cutest little fellow. I can't believe he's 5! It seems like only yesterday he was in my nursery class...oh how time flies!