Monday, January 14, 2008

ANALISE turns 2!


Wow! Where does the time go? The past two years have really flown by. This time last year, I remember thinking the past 2 weeks have taken forever (When I was sick and in the hospital). In fact, I almost missed Analise's birthday last year due to pancreatitis. This year was much differently, thankfully! My parents were in town until Wednesday, January 9th, so we actually celebrated her birthday on Monday so they could be here to celebrate with us. It's not very often Mom and Dad are here to do so. Cade and Kelson have often had birthday parties in Idaho because we have been out there, but rarely are my parents in Greensboro for their birthdays! I wasn't going to go all out with balloons, party hats and such. All day, Kelson kept telling me, "MOM!! It's not a party without balloons and party hats!" Where did we get him? :) I was struggling with what kind of cake to make her. It's much easier when they can tell you EXACTLY what they want, ie like the boys do! Analise has a fedish for flip flops. And the way she tries to say flip flops is adorable. So, guess what kind of cake she got? Yep, good guess! FLIP FLOPS! Pink ones. I did the best I could with what I had on hand. I thought it turned out ok. Analise loved taking everyone to the fridge as they arrived for her party to show them her Flip Flop Cake. She was so excited. I was glad she liked them so much. It was a great party. Better than last year, I would have to say! I have started a tradition where I make a slideshow video of the kids from the last year. Cheeto's work has a projector so we blow the video up huge on a wall. It makes it fun for everyone to look back on how much they have grown up in a year. I don't get the time anymore to make cutsie scrapbooks, so this will have to do. Friday, the 11th was actually her birthday. We decided to leave the air mattress blown up from my parents visit and have a slumber party. Cheeto and I opted to just go to our own bed but the boys thought it was great. We watch Ice Age 2 The Melt Down and had Analise's favorite, Pop Pop (popcorn). Grandma and Papa A came over. Cheeto had a basketball game that night so he left right after the movie and the rest of us went to bed.



0 comments: