Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cheeto's Birthday Weekend

The boys sure thought that Cheeto wasn't very excited for his birthday. The just couldn't get that Cheeto didn't need to have a decorated cake with Spiderman, Carolina Panthers, something on his cake. Cheeto simply requested a German Chocolate cake. Easy enough for me. However, some of us don't like the coconut pecan frosting, so we left a couple of slices at the end for those of us that don't like it. Looks yummy doesn't it! (sarcastic!)
Kelson with the gift bag on his head!
Patiently waiting for Daddy to open his presents.
Ready, get set, OPEN! Cheeto gets a little over dramatic for the kids when he opens presents.
Thanks buddy for the shirt!
Kelson found this at Walmart. He was so excited he found a gift for daddy's birthday. It also says Carolina Panthers down one of the sleeves. That was Kelson's favorite part.

Work & Play
This weekend was nice. Friday night started out kinda rough. The boys had a primary activity which set Cade off because there was a movie night at his school that he was more interested in. Of course, he went to the primary activity. Saturday was COLD! Well, we thought that was cold. It was Cheeto's 33rd birthday. I told him his birthday present from me was my taking him to the gym. He didn't think that was a good present. As we were getting ready, Kelson comes to ask me who's all going to the gym. He and Analise go with me almost everyday of the week. I told him that Daddy and Cade were going with us. He said, "Daddy, that's crazy! Daddy doesn't like the gym!" I just started laughing. Of course Cheeto didn't find him very humorous. After we got home from the gym we got cleaned up only to go help Mom, more like Kris move Mom's new bedroom suite. After which, Cheeto took the boys to a birthday party and I stayed home to get a few things done and give Analise a nap. At 4:00pm I went to pick our babysitter, Hannah, so Cheeto and I could go out for his birthday. Oh, did I mention that it started snowing at about 1pm and didn't stop until around 8:00pm. It was great but it was really wet so it didn't stick too well. Cheeto and I went to the Olive Garden, his favorite place to eat. Kyle and Becky had given us a gift certificate for Christmas. Is it cheating taking him out to eat on his birthday with our gift certificate? It was still snowing at the time but we decided we better run to Costco to get milk, bread and cheese for the week. It was a good thing we went when we did because as we walked in there was a big sign saying closing Today at 6pm because of weather conditions. It was 5:35pm by now. We were going to go bummin' around some other stores before going there. After Costco we headed to Target to get Analise more treats for rewards for going to the bathroom. She is doing well BTW. Still having problems getting the "yuckies" down, but we are still trying. We went to Mom and Dad's to take over some ingredients for Sunday dinner. We went to their room to check out their new bedroom set and find out they had bought a flat screen television. The other TV was huge and wouldn't fit on their new dresser. Isn't it funny how spending on one thing cause a domino effect on more spending? Cheeto hates when I paint because he gets nervous thinking I'm going to start redoing curtains, pillows, rugs, etc just to match the paint. Well, I always want to do that. But I have been very good lately! REALLY GOOD! We got home from our date and watch the Bourne Ultimatum. GOOD MOVIE! We really enjoyed the Bourne Trilogies. Sunday morning we find out that pretty much no other ward in the stake was having meetings except for the Summit ward. Our Ward! We thought it was dumb they even considered canceling. Of course we would have enjoyed the day off, who wouldn't? But we didn't even see a puddle on the road- not a single drop of water. It was cold, only about 25 degrees- but road conditions were better than they had been for days. They were dry. By the time we got home the only evidence we had snow was in the shadows. The boys were pretty bummed they didn't really get to play in it. We had Cheeto's birthday dinner and cake after church. The kids were wild and crazy which frustrated us so we came home and watch Ratatouille. The kids had seen it so many times that they lost interested quick so we turned it off and watched NFL Playoffs. Neither one of the teams we wanted in it won! We can't stand the Patriots, so I guess we can still "hope" that New York will steal beat them in the Superbowl. I have doubts- but still hoping. OH... there was another thing Kelson did that made us all laugh. As we said prayers Saturday night (still Cheeto's birthday), Kelson was asked to say the prayer. In his prayer he said he was thankful that Daddy turned "his" number and was grateful Daddy had a birthday. Cheeto turned 33 and that his Kelson's favorite number. We think it's because We have some pictures of Merrill Hoge, player for the Steelers, aroudn the house and of course, at Cheeto's office. The other thing was was that night when I went to check on kids before I went to sleep I found Kelson lying on top of his covers in nothing but his underwear and undershirt. I asked Cheeto if he had gone to bed in PJ's. Cheeto said that he had. I couldn't find his PJ's anywhere around him. They were in his drawer. The next morning when Kelson came to wake me up I asked if he had his PJ's on. He said yes. I asked why he slept in his underwear. He said, "Because Mommy, I want to be like Daddy!" Where did he come from? He can say the funniest things!

2 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cheeto. Getting up there, 33!!! I love it when the kids pick out something they think dad will just love. The shirt sounds perfect for you, after hearing your love for the panthers.

BS and the Kids said...

I don't know if you knew this Cheeto, but Merrill Hoge was from Pocatello. One too many concussions.