Monday, June 08, 2009

I lived at the school last week

It was quite the week last week. All but one day was spent at the school. 2 field days+one meeting with teachers + one end-of-year party= EXHAUSTED! I can't wait for next Tuesday! School is going on forever this year. Can you tell I'm bitter?
Ks first field day was a success. They lucked out and got a really nice day- nice and cool. C on the other hand, got the opposite! High 90's. I took the girls with me to K's. He was so sweet and allowed Sassy to play the games with him. Those are the moments that make you proud! At least once in a while the things we try to teach them come out. :) We hung out and ate lunch with him. C's field day started earlier so I missed most of it. I did spend the rest of the day with him just hanging out. Their school as a jump rope team. They were fun to watch. C was a proud big brother, carrying A2 around and reading to her. I gave K's teachers their teacher gifts that I posted a few weeks back. They both cried! Those are the reactions I love! They were so appreciative. I was so glad to get to Saturday last week. One more class party and I'm done for the year. C has to re-take a couple of the EOG's this week or I probably wouldn't have made them go this week. School SHOULD BE OUT for crying out loud!



1 comments:

AdAmy said...

I don't know what it is like, yet to spend soooo much time doing school activities with the kids. It sounds like you are pretty seasoned at the whole thing. Do you really have a FOURTH grader? Crazy.