Thursday, July 02, 2009

Mommy brain

Cheeto argues with me about there not being any such thing. However, I believe I have "mommy brain" way more than my fair share. Well, I suppose you have to multiply it by 4 resulting in some of the dumb things I do. This past week has been exactly that. My neighbors have given us zucchini from their garden for the past 3 summers. She brought over a bag full of them, or so I thought. I had some I had bought in the fridge as well, so I decided to make some bread. After grating the 3 I had, I started the ones that my neighbor gave us, except once I peeled a portion of one I realized it wasn't a zucchini but rather a cucumber. OOPS! I wasn't going to throw out the bread I had already mixed, so I just picked out the cucumber part and thought it would be fine. For the most part they were, however, a bite here and there did have a hint of cucumber taste. :) Cheeto apologized but said he couldn't eat it. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't. I wasn't going to throw food away that was still edible. Oh well live and learn. I know how to identify a cucumber from a green zucchini now! After reading online, I'm definitely not the only one that has done this. I'm not feeling so silly anymore.
Two days ago I was going to make some bread dough in my bread maker. I put all the ingredients in and pressed start. Oddly, I decided to check on it about 10 minutes later. GOOD THING! I didn't notice that the arm that mixes it wasn't on. It wasn't being mixed at all. Thankfully I was able to tilt the container on its side, scrape back the ingredients enough to put the arm on without having to dumb all of it out into another bowl. Turn out to be fabulous, soft, moist bread! I wish that would be the outcome of all my mishaps!
Last night, I got home from Mom and Dad's and I couldn't get the key to unlock my front door. I was feeling pretty silly! Well, we finally got in the house. I had placed a bag full of piano books on the door knob so I wouldn't forget to take them to someone. The weight of the bag wouldn't allow the lock to turn. AH- Shena!

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
As I was trying to figure out how to get into the house last night, C says, "Oh well, we will just have to go to a hotel for the night." Like there wasn't at least 5 other family or friends that would come to our rescue. Silly C!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Mommy brain is SOOO a real thing! And, I have totally done the cucumber-instead-of-zucchini thing.

Matt said...

PS This is Cathy, not Matt - didn't realize he was still logged in. Mommy brain strikes again!!