Saturday, July 11, 2009

Isn't it just my luck...

Yesterday I was mowing at Cheeto's Tia's house. Their house is next to his cousin's house, thankfully! I hadn't been mowing but 2 minutes when I mowed over a wasp nest. I felt something sting my leg. I looked down and it looked like a splinter or something in my leg. My first thought was, "Man, that piece of wood really hurts!" Then I realized my pants were covered with wasps. Cade was standing right next to me when it happened. I told him to get away. I tried to brush off as many as I could from my pants but some still got me. I have never been stung before by anything so I had no idea if I was allergic or not. One of their daughters saw me so she ran to get her parents. All they had was children's benedryl so they just told me to take a couple of big gulps just in case. He pulled out some of the stingers- if they were stingers- I don't know. C was great. He got K and A1 rounded up and helped me to the car. A2 was at a friend's house so we had to go get her before heading home. Cheeto was not answering his phone which lead me to believe he was in a meeting. I called him a couple more times hoping he would get the idea that something was wrong. He ended up being K'ville so it would take him at least 30 minutes to get home. By this time I was really hurting. I had no idea they would hurt so bad. Mom and Dad weren't home so I, for the first time, called my visiting teacher for help. I was so glad she lives so close. She ran and got me some benedryl. The rest of the day was pretty rough. I was grateful that Cheeto was able to clear his schedule for the remainder of the day. The benedryl knocked me out for part of the afternoon.
When I woke up Cheeto was getting the kids ready for "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chik-fil-A. If you dress up like a cow you get a free sandwich. C and K really got into the dressing up. This is exactly what K lives for- taping costumes together. K is the king of taping! The kids were so cute!They ended up getting their entire meals for free. What a great day for a free meal. This made an easy, inexpensive dinner for Cheeto "not" to fix. :) I made it through the night- barely. As long as I have ice packs on the bites it's not too bad. But when they have to go back in the freezer, the pain is back. I woke up about every 2 hours. Cheeto read somewhere that sometimes the stinging will last up to 24 hours. I was hoping that it would be the 1-2 hours, but now that the 24 hour mark is 4 hours away, I'm hoping it's close to the 24 hours and not 48 now. ARGH! This pain sucks- reminds me of when I had shingles 8 years ago. Those sucked too! I know I have said it before but... CHEETO IS JUST AWESOME! The kids have been very helpful too. C stepped right in yesterday and got lunch for the younger ones, calmed A2 down when I couldn't, and constantly asked me if I needed anything. He is really growing up to be quite the little man. He does have some fabulous men to look up to. I'm hoping that I feel well enough to go to church tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tia J said...

We did cow appreciation day last year Trae had a ball. I wish we had one close to us here.
Hope you get felling better soon!

Lyndzi said...

Hope your doing better now that the 24h hour mark has passed. Call if you need anything.
Oh, nice costumes. They would do Sheila Hamp proud.

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

What luck! That does not sound fun and I hope you aren't in too much pain!
Loved the cow costumes!!