Friday, June 20, 2008

Crazy, Bonkers, Frantic, Exhausted!

Wow... if I ever complained about another week being so full it's because I had never lived through a week like this one! Each day has had two activities that were set in stone. Swimming at 8:30am and Kelson's Safety Town from 1-3pm. Swimming got the boys up and excited each morning by 6am. I was wondering how much of a fight it would be to keep Analise on the sidelines. It was not even an issue. She was so content to sit by me and just watch. So far she is not a big fan of the water. I hope that changes. Cade and Kelson have made significant improvements since last year. I know my kids are behind other kids their age in the swimming category. I think most of it has to do with we don't belong to a club or pool to allow them the repetition they need to get really comfortable with it. Kelson is the most fearless. He loves to just jump in and get in there. Cade still has a fear of letting go of his nose. However, I must say I was shocked when I looked over and say Cade jumping off the diving board with no flotation assistance. Other kids in his group were still using noodles but Cade just jumped with the assistance of a lifeguard wading below of course! Kelson had been asking to jump since day 1. Because he was only level 1 the instructors were weary of allowing this but by the last day they said he was a great little swimmer and he could do it. He did! I was a proud mom! Each day after swimming it was running like mad to get to other appointments. It was so crazy! It simply wore the kids out. Monday was the worst! Swimming to my Dr. appointment, to Cade's dentist appointment, to Kelson Safety town, to Monday bean night at G'ma's, to Cade's Soccer party. We seriously left the house at 8am and got home at 8:45Pm. I'm not made to run around like this!
Safety Town is a free 2 week program that is offered by Greensboro Police Department. There are a bunch of high school kids that volunteer their time as well. You have to be age 5 or 6 to participate. I feel bad that I didn't know about this program when Cade was that age. Kelson got lucky and got put in the same group as another boy from church that he plays with. Kelson was so excited the first few days but I think he has been so tired after lunch that the excitement has worn off a bit. They feed them snacks and teach them about a variety of different safety tips. So far he has learned about playground, streets, buses, pets, and ambulances. He comes home each day with coloring books and new stories. It's fun to see him grow!
Wednesday gave me the scare of my life! After swimming lessons we went to the free movies. They offer $1 popcorn and drinks. We also opt for cups of ice and fill them up at the water fountain. We were all standing there- the kids and I. Cade and I were filling the cups and Analise and Kelson were standing next to me holding the popcorn boxes. When Cade and I finished, I turned around and Analise was gone! I can't even describe what my heart did in my chest. I found a man working for the theatre and asked if had seen a 2 year old girl walking around. I proceeded described exactly what she was wearing. Still... he just looked at me! I finally shouted- I NEED HELP FINDING HER! Finally the man that was he was talking to figured it out. He said he would go check the men's restroom. I ran in the women's screaming her name. Cade and Kelson by this point were doing the same. About 5 minutes past and a lady from another theatre walked out holding Analise's hand. Phew! I was an insane tear ball at this point. She ran to me and yelled, "MOMMY!" I picked her up and wouldn't let go! Those 5 minutes have been the longest, most terrifying 5 minutes of my life. The sad thing is that I don't think Analise is old enough to have had it scare her enough! Cade and Kelson definitely had their taste of fear. My first thought and prayers went to my brother and sister-in-law. I can't even imagine what they went through when they couldn't find Allie. I know that children wonder off and it always doesn't turn out like ours did. I have been thanking Heavenly Father almost every second since for watching over Analise and keeping her safe. Thank goodness there was a nice honest lady that assisted her in finding me! What scary is is that I'm the over protective parent that is always saying- hold hands, can you see mommy?, do not wonder, do not talk to strangers! And yet, this still happened to me. Cheeto is always telling me to relax they can go over there- I can see them. It took 2 seconds for her to lose me. If I had let my guard down a little bit- you better believe it's back up and stronger than before! When we found Analise, Cade yelled at her and said, "Analise, don't you listen when mommy says don't wonder off. You have to see mommy!" After we found her we walked into our theatre and saw a family from the ward. They were all waving but I was still teary and didn't want to cause a scene, so I semi-ignored them. Was that awful of me?
Cheeto has been busy with work of course. He studies whenever he gets a chance which seems like less and less these a days! He started playing in a rec soccer league. He has games each Tuesday and Thursday nights every week until the end of July. Another guy broadsided him his first game and hurt his knee. He felt well enough to play Thursday. He did great! I love to watch him. It's hard to really watch with the kids running all over the place.


Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Cade, "Mom, when I'm an adult you'll be a grandma right." Mom, "That depends Cade when you get married and have kids. One of my kids has to have kids before I'll be a grandma." Cade, "EWE, I'm never getting married, because I don't like to kiss! Kissing is disgusting!" Mom, " I think you'll grow out of that. You'll change your mind as you get older." "NO MOM! I WON'T! I will never ever ever like kissing! EVER!!! And if you have to kiss to be married and have kids- I won't do it!"






1 comments:

melissa said...

how scary Shena! I'm so glad you found her!