Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Cade 2nd grade Field Day


Up until Thursday of last week, my week was pretty much free. By Thursday evening, every hour of every day was pretty much consumed! Sunday night I had that sick feeling like I just don't want to even start the week. I was scared of the hectic schedule. Monday started off with field day all morning at Cade's school. They had a lot of fun. Cade was very well behaved other than he didn't want his Carolina Panthers shirt to get wet and muddy so he opted out of most of the water games. Which was fine with me, I didn't want to start a fight with Cade- we were doing so well. As you can see, he had a great time. The first event was flag tag. Cade was the winner of the first game. He was so proud of himself, as was I. The board walk game he was so good at. I know I'm being a bragging parent but he was. Some of those kids were s-t-r-u-g-g-l-i-n-g! He must get his good coordination from me! :)







I stayed and ate lunch with him and then he wanted to come home with me. I was more than happy to bring him home. I had a doctor's appointment from 2-4 so we hung out at G'ma's for a bit and then went to get the babysitter. After my appointment I had 20 minutes to wait for Cheeto to come home. Analise was coloring with the window markers on our storm door. Not too long she was giggling and giggling. I asked her what was so funny and then I saw it. Her attempt of giving herself a Analise original tattoo. WOW! I'm glad those were waterbased markers. They wash off of most things really easy. Kelson was quick to get some baby wipes and started assisting in the clean up. Oh- what joy 2 year olds are! Following the cleanup we went to Monday bean night at Papa and G'ma's. What can I say they love their pinto beans and burritos!!! I can't complain, I look forward to them as well. We had FHE and came home.



This morning was full of working on an impression order I have to fill and then I was pampered with a haircut and color this afternoon. My hairdresser and I had a bet if Cheeto would notice or not. I had about 3 inches of roots that needed some color. I must say they were in desperate need of some attention. Cheeto never notices my hair so I bet that he wouldn't notice. Kristi thought it was very noticeable that he would most definitely say something. Well, Krist won! However, we were half way through dinner before he said something. Poor G'ma and Papa- they are working their butts off this week with helping me. I'm sure Papa enjoys all the time with them since he is leaving next week for awhile.


Funny Kid Quote of the Day
A couple of days ago, I had an errand to run just to Lowes and back. When we got there I told Analise and Kelson to let's hurry and get it done fast. I stood their outside the van waiting and waiting for Kelson to just get out. I was getting to the point of yelling when he finally said he needed help. I asked him what for- just unbuckle the dang seatbelt. It's not that hard- this is what I was thinking. He kept saying he was stuck to the belt with the belt. He sits in the very back so I couldn't see what he was doing. At this point, I'm talking more sternly and demand that he get out of the van. He cries, "But Mom, I'm stuck to the belt!" I still couldn't figure out what the heck he was talking about. I step up in the van and lean over the seat to find that after Kelson had done up his seatbelt he had put his church belt on around his waste. He was belted to the seatbelt and couldn't free himself. I had to laugh out loud where as Kelson was scared I was going to leave him sitting in the van. This scared him because we had just had the conversation of no playing in the cars because it gets to hot and some kids have died because they were left in the car. Poor Kelson- he was so innocent.

1 comments:

Rich and Andrea said...

Shena - I've seriously never seen a cuter girl in my life. She is so stinking cute and I loved listening to her talk. Girls don't make me smile and laugh very often because obviously I'm not used to their humor and differences because I have boys...but man oh man she makes me want to have one!