Sunday, June 08, 2008

One Heck of a Week!

This week has been very eventful. Cade had lots of end of year school parties and events to attend and piano lessons. He is doing great with the piano by the way. He will tell you different. But he does have a knack for it. Analise didn't really eat much on Wednesday. I really didn't think too much about it until Thursday morning when she woke up with "the I'm going to puke smell." My kids all get this smell. I can pretty guess when it's coming. Weird- I know! Maybe it's just a mommy thing. Cheeto kept saying she was fine but I knew it was coming. Yep- about an hour later she was standing on a stool next to the kitchen sink helping me with some bases when she said, "Mommy, I frow up!" She leaned over the kitchen sink and was done. She perked right up and was fine the rest of the day. She got diariah for the next 3 days. Thursday night Kelson said his stomach hurt but then followed by asking for a brownie. I figured he just really wanted a brownie. I had some major heartburn that night and couldn't get to sleep. Good thing for Cheeto. About 11pm I heard Kelson moaning and crying in his bed. I went to check on him. He was crying saying, "I need to get it out." I thought he had to go to the bathroom. Nope- he had to throw up. I got him half way to the bathroom before he puked all over me and the bathroom wall. It was a mess. We got it cleaned up and just got him back to bed when he pucked 3 times as much in his bed. ARGH!!!! What the????? I was so tired and sick myself. I did not want to be doing this! For those of you that don't know Cheeto.... HE DOES NOT DO THROW UP! He was such a help that night though. We couldn't just throw it all in the washer so picture this.... Cheeto and I literally on the front porch hosing down all of Kelson's bedding and hamper at midnight. After this Kelson got a bed on the bathroom floor! I was afraid that Cade was going to get in Friday that I allowed him to stay home from school. He was feeling fine so he went with me to help Cheeto move offices. (that is another story that I'll get to in a minute.) We ran a few errands and he was still looking like our Cade. He spent the afternoon shooting 18 holes of golf with Papa A. Thanks to G'ma A I was able to go help Cheeto move all afternoon. G'ma deserves a great deal of credit for me making it through the week. I wouldn't have made it without her! Thanks MOM!!!!!! The boys spent the night at Papa's since he is going to Mexico for quite awhile on Tuesday. Dad, Kris, Cheeto and I had a 8am shotgun start at Dawn Acres golf course. We were so exhausted after Friday that we went to bed at 8pm. Analise was still looking a bit dehydrated or something Saturday morning. Mom said she would be fine. So Cheeto and I left for the golf course with Dad. We had a lot of fun golfing. I wish we had the time and could afford to do it more. When the kids are older- right? Mom and Lettie were suppose to meet us at the course for lunch when we were done. Well, it was time to meet them and we only see Lettie, Kelson and Analise. Oh NO!!! Yep-Cade was home throwing up! Lettie said he was doing a great job getting to the toilet. We went to have some naps and later to help Cheeto unpack some at his new office. Cade threw up a couple more times there and some through the evening. However, it was much easier for me. I just had to ask if he was ok through the bathroom door. I love the older kids when the get sick! Cade spent the night on the bathroom floor last night. The bathroom floor has never been so used! He's feeling good enough to fight with Kelson and Analise this morning. We opted to keep them all home from church today! So here I am just dreading a very long sunday without church! I wonder if and when Cheeto and I will have to take our turn.
OK- Cheeto's office news. Cheeto and Jim created a partnership and decided to go out on their own. They found some great office space at Revolution Mill Studios close to downtown Greensboro. It's actually the old Cone Mills. It will have close to a million square feet of office/event space when it's done. They have renovated it nicely! It has lots of character and charm. It has a great feel! I'm so excited for him. Right now the space they are in is 2400 square feet but only temporary until they can build them their own space. It should take about 3 months or so to get something more permanent worked out.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
I was trying to get Kelson to get some rest after staying up all night throwing up. I asked him to go lie on his bed and shut his eyes. About 10 minutes later he comes back and sits on my lap. He says, "Mom, I really tried but my eyes just don't want to go to sleep. They want me to play the playstation." Nice try Kelson!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow- so sorry to hear about the nasty bug that's taken over your kids! I hope they feel better really soon. That's exciting about Cheeto's new office.