Sunday, September 11, 2005

Work or play?

I put this one on just for Sissy! She would be the one to want to see it! :)
Kelson reminded me of my brother Ryan. He had one of these cars and drove it around for hours. That's just what Kelson did. It's a good thing the only kid he had to fight for it was Cade. This was at Coit Slack's bday party.

Cade is the one kicking the ball. Look at that form! His coach let him kick and throw the ball a lot. Perhaps that was because Cade was just running behind the rest of the team up and down the field. He hasn't learned the concept of taking it away yet. He likes to share! ;)
This was just 4 of the 6 team members warming up before the game. Such cute lil' guys. So innocent at this age.

Work & Play Feels like we have been running around for days. I'm exhausted tonight. Don't know if it's just from the busy weekend or from being pregnant. We started yesterday off with Cade 1st soccer game. I've finally become a soccer mom. Kinda a weird feeling. Am I really getting a son that old? Yep! I must be. Well, Cade didn't want to play at first. He saw we brought the soccer chairs and decided he would rather just sit and watch the game. Of course, Cheeto nor I would let that fly. He was one of the first three to start the game. He soon started to enjoy it. It was a perfect morning for soccer, warm with a cool breeze. If only they could all be at 9am. After the game, we went to Kohls. We had heard they had Spiderman pj's on sale. Coit Slack, one of our friends son, was having a "super hero" party and said it was optional to dress up. DeDe had lent us some of Hank's pj's and costumes, but neither was big enough to fit Cade. He was able to get the costume on, but it cut him pretty short in the body part, they were also about 3 or 4 inches from reaching his ankles. He wanted to wear it so badly, but I could not let him be seen in public like that. One day this week he had it on and he wanted to go get the mail. I wouldn't even let him walk to the mailbox, it looked that bad. I'm serious! Awful. Kohl's had a set of 2 pj's for the almost the same price as the set that he wanted. Do you think I could talk him out of the others. I kept telling him, "Cade, you get TWO with this set and with that one you only get ONE!" It didn't matter, he wanted the one that looked like a Spiderman suit rather that the one's that just a picture of spiderman on it. Well, we decided that's what he'd have to wear for Halloween as well. Cheeto found him some deals on some new work clothes. I thought it was funny to have Cheeto so excited about shopping for his clothes. He hates shopping period, even for him. I had to enjoy the moment. It was fun. He knew exactly what he wanted and we almost couldn't find that. We were successful. He was happy. I think? Afterward, we went home, showered (not all at the same time, by the way), ate some lunch, and chilled. I got ready to go to Raleigh with mom for Miss Jenny's wedding. We had fun. Her wedding was simple as far as the decorating, but you could tell it was still a costly one. The church was incredible. The room we ate in had two huge screens showing a video of the pictures. You got to eat and watch the movie from where ever you sat. Kinda fun. We got home in good time and found grandpa and the boys drawing with sidewalk chalk in the driveway. Of course I had to play too. Cheeto and the boys ran to cook or dinner and shakes. Boring night, but we just ate, gave baths and went to bed. Today was church as usual.

Cade's News Cade had his first soccer practice on Friday. He was so excited. His team name is the "Earthquakes." The coach that was suppose to have coached his team flaked and caused Cade's team to be one practice behind the rest of the league. It somewhat showed at his game Saturday morning. The other team was killing us with goals. It took the Earthquakes until the 4th quarter to finally score. Our boys just had a hard time figuring out to get in front of the ball and block the goal. Cade still had fun. He has learned more this season in one practice than he did the whole season at the YMCA league. His coach really worked some drills with them and got them understanding the game. I hope it continues to go well.

Kelson Adventures Kelson has just been Kelson. He hasn't had an accident since a minor one on Friday. Oh wait, he did have a pretty good poopy one for Cheeto yesterday after I had left for Raleigh. He pooped right before I left and I thought to myself..... "Awesome... this should make it easier for Cheeto while I'm gone." Nope, I called before we walked into the wedding and Cheeto didn't sound very happy. Sure enough, Kelson pooped for him. Kelson didn't like just having to watch Cade's soccer game. He kept wanting to run out there and play with them. He also kept trying to take Cade his soccer ball and bottle of water. Very cute. After a couple of times, Cade would turn and run sideways down the field waving and yelling, "Hi, Kelson! Watch me!" Very funny.

Arellano Update Nada

Christensen Update Haven't talked to mom in a few days. It has still been crazy with the new lil' one. Erin and Sky were up for a few days. I didn't hear if Alyssa and Jeff went.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 9:30pm - 6:25am

TODAY:
Breakfast: bowl of frosted flakes and glass of Apple juice

Lunch: Toquitos, rice and beans

Dinner: Cheese Nachos with the boys - not so healthy for sure!

1 comments:

Adam Arellano said...

yeah, it'll cost ya though. I don't think I have ever seen a vynil fence in NC actually, have you?