Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Work & Play I've come to the conclusion that writing on this everyday is an impossibility. I wish I had the time but I suppose you'll just get an ear full on the days I can write. I have started teaching piano for the fall semester. I started last week I have 3 students that only wish to take them every other week. So this is officially my first "full" week of piano teaching. I don't really agree with the every other week option, but money is money. And at least the kids are still interested enough to do it that often. I teach Monday and Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00ish. Last year I taught them all on Thursdays. It made for a really long afternoon. I do like this better already. Last night was enrichment meeting. I think you all know I'm the commitee chair person. I don't know what the official name of the calling is. I just know I'm in charge of getting it planned and pulled off every second tuesday of each month. Last night was September service. We assemble hygiene kits for bishop's store house. We also have a goal to make 200 bunnies before christmas to donate to Moses Cone Pediatrics. We counted what we had either completed or in progress last night and we are up to 100. Not bad! I was so pleased! It took us awhile to get in a rhythm last night, but soon we got on beat and had quite the assembly line going. I almost felt like I was running a sweat shop.
Cade's News Cade has been surprising us with how much spanish he knows. He doesn't speak much at home to us anyway. However, when he's playing he talks to himself and sings in spanish. It's quite impressive. He has to read a book every night in English and pass a test on that book the next day. This is the only English that he will get for school work until he is in the second grade. We are suppose to help him sound out the words and teach him the sight words. Well, because I was at enrichment, Cheeto was reading to him. The word "yuck" was in the book. Cade stopped Cheeto and spelled the word in spanish then continue to say the word in English. Cheeto was impressed. Monday, Cheeto said Cade cried when he dropped him off, but the last two days he has been just fine. Maybe he gets the Monday blues, too. He has been a happier kid this week.


Kelson's Adventures Monday was a rough day with the potty training. He drank so much apple juice in the morning that he was having to pee/"make water" every 20 minutes or so. He was wetting pants like it was our first day trying to make it to the toilet. I didn't want to clean up a poopy mess after that much apple juice so we opted for a diaper. I was glad. I think Nola was glad he had one on while she was watching them during piano. Today he hasn't had any accidents. He is still doing well. He has been quite the lil' companion during the day. It was weird going to Wal-mart yesterday morning with only one child to hang onto. Cheeto has been eating lunches at work to save on gas. Kelson and I have been eating sandwiches everyday. I found out that Kelson loves lunch meats, so far at least turkey and ham. He eats like Bob in the movie "What about Bob?" If you haven't seen it, watch it and then you'll find it funny.

Arellano Update
Dad has completed building brick wall dividers between all the trees and the grass now. His yard is look awesome. I asked him when he was going to start on ours. He just laughed and looked the other way. I think he knew I wasn't serious. I hope he knew I wasn't serious. Our yard is looking pretty sad. Cheeto and I haven't had a Saturday to spare to get working on it. We better get on it soon or we are going to miss our prime grass planting opportunity.

Christensen Update
They are going to be starting potatoes soon. I think school lets out next thursday for harvest release time. However, mom told me dad said his are ready now and might be done by then. That's not going to make very many kids happy. They won't have jobs for the week. Mom has been busy canning pears and peaches. Each time she calls or I call it seems like she's always cleaning up the canning mess. MAN, what I wouldn't give to have just one bottle to myself. I would have a hard time sharing with mi familia. That's sad isn't it? But they don't get better then Cherie's peaches/pears.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11pm - 6:35pm

TODAY:
Breakfast: Frosted Mini Wheats

Lunch: potatoes, carrots and roast beef - leftovers from last night- someone has to eat them! ;) no offense cheeto!

Dinner: Taco soup and cheese bread- 2nd time I've cooked this week. I'm on a roll! :)

0 comments: