Friday, September 30, 2005

Finally a chance to blog!

Work & Play Wow! has it been a while or what? Cheeto has been working like crazy. I think he is really starting to enjoy the profession he chose. If he's not, he does a good job a faking it. He seems to be more relaxed at home and in much better moods most of the time. I'm not saying that he doesn't stress about his job, but I think this is the first time in our married life that when he doesn't dread leaving for work. What a blessing that is! He does a fabulous job at what he does and even a better job at taking care of all of us. I'm so proud of him and his self-motivation. What a guy! He has been in Des Moine, IA for the past 3 days. He left Tuesday morning and we went to pick him up last night. I don't think he was too thrilled about having a business trip to Des Moine. But after all was said and done.... I think he quite enjoyed it. My dad served part of his mission there years ago and has always said how much he enjoyed that city. I think part of it was that Des Moine doesn't sound very glamorous. The boys really were glad to see him last night. They had a hard time expressing that when it was time for bed. That was my fault though, I let them sleep with me while he was gone. They didn't like having to go back to their own beds, even after I gave them the "heads up" that they would have to go back to their beds after daddy got home. Oh well... how much do you think a 5 and 2 year old really cared? .... not much!!!!!
I told Cheeto that I was going to paint while he was gone. I think he really thought I was going to do the baby's room. I wanted to surprise him and do our room instead. Nola had bought me a duvet cover from Eddie Bauer for Christmas... and that set me off to repaint our bedroom. I still can't have the cover and such until Christmas but I don't think I'd be in the mood at 9 months pregnant to paint much! ;) We had always discussed that we would have to get a new crib for this baby because Kelson chewed the sides of the crib we had. Yep... he ate everything at that age too.... including wood! Well, I took the undamaged ends of the crib and screwed them together and made us a head board for our bed. I don't want to brag.... but it looks pretty nice for something we thought would be trash! With a lot of help from Chemo... we got that room torn apart and put back together within 24 hours. I think Cheeto was surprised and please last night when he saw it.

Cade's News Cade has been doing well at school. He actually doesn't fight us at all anymore when he has to get ready for school. We had a potluck dinner at his school last night and that was hard to get him to go along with. He didn't want to back to school until morning. In fact, he was playing outside with g'pa and Kelson right before we left. I called for them to come in that it was time to go. I thought he was going to the bathroom. I said, "Let's go!" I looked down the hall.... and there was Cade naked with the bath water running. He was ready to take a bath! I was already a late. Like I really needed to struggle with him to get dressed again. The lil' stinker! He loves bringing home new books to read. The Accelerated Reading program requires them to be tested on the books the check out from the library. I thought we had to read them and send them back the next day for testing. I finally looked at his scores. He was average... which surprised me because he was understanding them great with me. Then I found out that sometimes it would be a week to 10 days before he was tested on one book. No wonder why he wasn't doing better on the tests.... he had probably forgotten about them.

Kelson Adventures WOW!!!! Kelson!!!!!! has he had me going this week. If it wasn't one thing... it was another! I could write all day about the stuff he has done. But one in particular... yesterday I cleaned all morning to have the house nice when Cheeto got home. He loves coming home to a clean house. Well, I just got out of the shower and I heard a thud in the kitchen followed by crying. I ran out there to find my kitchen pretty much standing in water. The counters were covered with water and waterfalls were flowing off into puddles on the floor. And then there was Kelson... lying naked on the rug crying. He had plugged the sink and had begun to fill it with water. I asked him what he thought he was doing, "taking a bath" was his answer. He had found a picture of him when he was only a couple of days old getting a bath in the sink. He wanted to do that again. My kids and baths yesterday. I found Kelson again at 4:30pm naked and in the bathtub taking a bath. No water on yet... but still. My kids must like to be clean.

Arellano Update Dad has finished his wall garden thing in the back of his yard. He has lined up some guys from the branch to help us get started in the process of planting grass in our backyard. These guys were in dire need of work and we would rather pay them knowing they NEED the money than some lawn care business. Nola has been helping Cheeto with the Elder's Quorum enchilada dinner tonight. So she has been working on that for the past two days.

Christensen Update Another year of potato harvest is behind them. Today when I talked to mom all of them were in Provo spending time with Erin and her family. They guys were headed golfing this morning. Even Kyle and his family are down there. Ryan has mission something or other tonight in Salt Lake. They will head home tomorrow and turn around Monday for Canada. Can't remember what mom said they were going to do in Canada. Sounds like they are having lots of fun without Alyssa and me. Oh well... such is life.

0 comments: