Thursday, January 27, 2011

A memorable Birthday for Cheeto

Wow... did Cheeto's birthday start off crazy! I had been sick for 3 days. I went to the doctor the day before and got some cough medicine. That night I was so excited to take the stuff to finally get some relief from coughing and finally sleep! I took the stuff and was feeling great, until 2 hours later. I woke up with crazy pain in my upper abdomen. I wake up with this pain about 3 nights a week but usually after standing up for a bit and drinking something it will go away. NOPE! Not that night! After 2 hours of this pain, Cheeto called Sissy to watch the kids and he took me to the ER. A couple hours later, we find out that my liver enzymes were 220 (normal is 50). Not sure why my liver does this or if it really was the cough medicine that caused it but for now, no tylenol or any medicine that has alcohol in it. The doctor at the ER really doubted me when I told her that I had NEVER drank even a drop of alcohol. Then because I had laryngitis I couldn't talk well and it hurt to talk, when the nurse asked me a few questions, Cheeto answered a couple of them. She then said, "Oh, does she not speak English?" Hilarious! Do I not look American English speaking? We got home just before 5am. Got up at 6 to get the kids out the door and Cheeto left for work. I felt so bad for Cheeto all day. Mom kept the girls in the afternoon so I could take a nap. But for the rest of the week I had to get through coughing and such without meds. Not many OTC medicines don't have alcohol as the #1 ingredient. Thanks to family and friends for helping with kids and lots of suggestions to make me feel better.
OK... back to Cheeto's birthday.

I know this picture is dark, of course, I didn't feel good still and I just turned on the camera without adjusting the settings yet. :) But I still had to post it. This is classic Cheeto and Marcos together. And it was one of the few that Cheeto didn't look dead tired in. :(

It doesn't look like anyone was even paying attention to Cheeto opening his presents.
Check out Sassy.


Is this little girl related to her father?

Our kids were a little disappointed that cheeto didn't want a traditional birthday cake. He requested banana pudding. C asked, "who doesn't ask for CAKE on their birthday?" My response..... YOUR FATHER! :) LOL!

Marcos is quite the leader singing Happy Birthday to the birthday boy/girl!
Our boys are always more than to join in.
Cheeto's face says it all in the above picture. :)




0 comments: