Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 16 - Ice Sliding

View of the Valley where I grew up.
This screams HOME to me! I remember coming home from college, which was pretty often. at this point in the drive, I felt like I was home! Now, 12 years later and having lived away this long, I still get that same feeling. I had to stop and take a picture to take back to Carolina with me. I know some may look at these and think what is so special about it? Well, beauty is all in the eyes of the beholder! My valley is beautiful and fills my heart with the love of my family and reminds me I will always be a country farm girl from the fabulous state of Idaho!

I so wished A2 had been in this picture! LOVE IT!

My mom is the YW President. She wanted us to test "ice sliding" before she had the yw and ym activity Tuesday. Let's just say she had some very willing volunteers.

How many golf courses can you let your 18 month old wander shoeless? A2 loved walking barefoot in the grass. The west has some awesome Kentucky Bluegrass which is so soft and cool to the touch. Nothing like the crusty weed-like stuff we call grass in Carolina. It's so hard and expensive to have a nice lawn in Carolina.
A2 got stuck in a pivot track. :)

Ah.... they are such little divas! "J" is such a little "model" poser. I love these little girls!

Yep, the boys were driving golf carts and thought they were hot shots. Look at how careful C is driving and that Sassy is "talking" on her play phone because that's what you do in a car, or so she says. :)

Kyle prepping "K".

He definitely got a workout walking that brick of ice up the hill.

It wasn't easy for those little kids.

Of course, the heavy you are the faster you go, so needless to say the kids didn't go too fast on their own. We started doubling up with them. "J" took a dive off my lap. And check out "K". After my "K" took his shirt off, so did she. Kyle said she would be naked all of the time if they would allow it. :)
Yes... that is A2 taking a turn. Let's just say because she barely weighs 20 lbs that she didn't go very far. :)
She ended up just pushing the ice down the hill. :)

Kyle wouldn't try it for a long time. We kept trying to get him to. Finally his little girls wore him down. "J" had to give him a little push.

Now... look at him. It was much more fun that he thought it would be!
Yep... even grandma and grandpa took their turn. Grandma couldn't get enough. My kids thought she was the coolest grandma ever for playing with them all evening like this!
"T" showing off his skills. He just got his football uniform and was trying out how well the padding worked.

Sisters!CRASH!

K really started getting the hang of it as the evening worn on. It really was a fun memorable evening on the golf course! It was a gorgeous fall evening in Idaho!

1 comments:

Carolina Chocolate said...

I've always wanted to do that!