Thursday, February 25, 2010

Go with Faith

It's days like this that I'm so grateful that the good in our lives out weigh the bad. It just stinks that the bad stuff is often major things so they don't feel so little and unimportant. However, since there is a bounty of good things it's easier to stay positive. I can't speak for Cheeto but as for me, it really helps that I have been blessed to hang out all day with 4 of the most fabulous kids. It's hard to be depressed and mopey when your 15 month old runs into your lap and just starts laughing for no reason or when your 4 year old says, "Mom, I just want to be with you. I don't care what you're doing. I just want to be with you!" Makes me feel pretty darn important, even if it's only in the eyes of a child. I have 2 sons that help me where I slack. They are so good to help and protect their sisters. Just last night C spotted a cockroach in the living room and told Sassy not to come in until he had killed it. He did kill it too. I hate cockroaches! I'm blessed to have a son that will clean up throw up, poopy diapers and clothes, and kill bugs for me! I'm very grateful for the hard work that Cheeto does to provide for us. Between him starting a new business, taking tests, serving in the YM, and working full time we see little of him. But he tries his best to keep everyone happy and to see us as much as he can. It's been a hard, LONG, stressful year on him, well, on all of us. But through it all, I can't say it's been horrible. I have surprised myself at how strong I can be in rough times. I always thought be a pillar and standing side-by-side we can get through anything. Going on faith alone is a hard lesson to learn. And though, I have yet to conquer that lesson, I believe that I have a better understanding of what faith is. As the saying goes.... "I never said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it." It sure isn't easy... but it most definitely be worth it!

1 comments:

Ryan and Rachel said...

You are amazing. Thank you for your uplifting post.