Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Locks of Love




We have talked with A1 for quite awhile about getting her hair cut and giving it to a girl that needed it. She would be excited one day and not so much the next. A1 was very blessed with great hair. It is so thick for a 3 year old and to have hair to her waist at that age is another blessing. We felt it was a great to be able to share it with someone.
A friend of mine was awesome and took some before pictures for me. We had to do it 2 different days to get some with it straight and curly. I absolutely loved her hair curly. There is a picture in the video where she is kissing A2's hand and A1's hair looks like a mane. :) They turned out so cute with our make shift backdrops. Thanks "L"! The day of her haircut she was not thrilled to say the least. I had to drag her out of the car, into the washing chair and into the styling chair. She cheered up after a few minute. She got a bit nervous and wanted to see what "K" was doing with her pigtails. When it was time to cut she was still all smiles but when "K" gave me her pigtails A1 had this face of fear. I could see the tears building from her chest. I was waiting for them and then she says, "But mommy, my hair can still get in my face." Next few seconds she was smiling again. There have been instances over the past week that she realizes that short hair is a lot easier to upkeep. For example, when you put on a backpack it doesn't pull your hair, it's gets done faster, it's faster to wash and dry and comb... the list goes on. Tia "L" also participated in the act of kindness. It was something they did together. A1 was pretty excited to see Tia's "tails" lying next to hers in the envelope. I knew it had to be cut. I let it grow extra long so I didn't have to wack it completely to her ears to get the 10 inches. However, I have to admit that I really miss some length. I'm already waiting patiently for it to grow back out. Her hair hasn't been this short since her first birthday.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

She looked so cute on Sunday with her short hair. She really does have gorgeous hair - to fit the gorgeous girl. I loved those pictures.

Kayc said...

What a cute slide show! She is a doll! Her hair is still pretty long though. Fun, fun!

Its All Good Ya'll said...

What a sweet story. We have talked to Denae about it several times but she doesn't have good days and bad days. She gets mad everytime we bring it up.

Allison said...

Those pics are so great! She certainly is a beautiful girl.

Carolina Chocolate said...

I love your video! It was so cute. Boy, she had really long hair, but she's adorable no matter what length it is. I love how L cut her hair too! So sweet. I remember donating 13 inches of hair once and it makes you feel so good!

Jody said...

I'm jealous of her hair!! (short or long)