Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

(Thank you Kat and Amanda for the great shirt idea!!!)
I can't believe how fast the last year has passed by. It seems like yesterday that I was cussing that little baby inside of me for causing such a ruckus. I just wanted he/she out so badly this time last year. Of course she came on the day of 2 very important football games. Thankfully she decided to arrive during half time. :) I cried when Cheeto told me she was a girl. She was exactly what I had been praying for. She was such a tiny little thing when she was born. I look back on the year and cherish all those times I got to cuddle with her on those early morning feedings and late evenings Cheeto would work late. I vididly remember how great the holidays were last year. It was so nice to sit on heal surrounded by all the senses of Christmas, watching TONS of seasonal movies, spending lots of time with ALL my family and cuddling a newborn. It was a perfect Christmas!
I just quit nursing her about 2 weeks ago. I had no idea the emotions that were going to go with stopping. It wasn't like that with the other 3. I know a lot of tears will come with the milestones that A2 has just because she is our last and knowing its a lot of last firsts. I don't want another baby it's just hard for me to leave this phase in my life. Cheeto thinks I'm crazy. I even look at a pregnant woman and want to throw up because it makes me ill even think about being pregnant again. This assures me that the answer to our prayers is true. Our family is complete. A2 made it so.
She is such a blessing in our lives. I have to say she is one of the easiest baby ever! Not much ever makes her fuss. She eats great. It took her a bit but she is now a great little nap taker and sleeper. She really rolls with the flow. She is so happy. It's a rare occassion that she doesn't have a big ole' grin on her face. It's also rare that you don't see her tongue twisted on hanging out. It's a A2 thing. :) She adores her older brothers and sister. She does well playing on her own but relishes in the attention she gets from her siblings.
We are so grateful for her. She has made a very difficult year a lot brighter- for all of us! Heavenly Father knew I needed her. Today I hug her a little tighter, a little longer and take a lot of extra mental memories. And of course, since she is a mama's girl... she will love it!
Happy 1st Birthday sweet baby girl!!!


There a few things I felt like I dropped the ball on. There are specifics that I do for all my kid's birthdays and I have been so busy I completely spaced some of them. I had seen some friends make these shirts for their little ones first birthdays and I knew I only had one more chance to make one for one of our kids. I sewed it really quick after church in the 2 hours I had before the party. I also forgot a birthday hat so I made the little party hat to match her shirt. I thought it turned out adorable and she looked so cute in it. It was a really nice 75 degree day here. We got to let her get out and enjoy her day. We celebrated with family on Sunday because weekdays are so crazy. Like she really would care! Thanks everyone for the gifts and helping with the party. We are so grateful for all of you!





2 comments:

Allison said...

Awww...happy birthday, cutie pie!

Amanda said...

She is so adorable! The shirt turned out great!