Wednesday, June 15, 2011

K turns 8!

K requested a rising sun for his birthday cake. He wanted it because it was on his karate uniform. Something he really enjoys right now.
So a little background as to why K likes the Minnesota Vikings. The year K was born Cheeto bought me some Steelers silk capri pajama pants for Christmas. I LOVED them and hinted I would like another pair. So for mother's day he got a couple new ones. The only problem was he couldn't find them for the Carolina Panthers or Steelers then. So he bought me Texans, because my little sister was serving a mission in Texas at the time and I do like the color (red, white and blue). The other pair he got me was the Vikings because I do love the color purple. K took it that mom like the Vikings so he sided with me and just decided to start liking the Vikings too. And it has stuck. Even though Cheeto is NOT much of a Vikings fans, he does allow his children to chose who the like and allows such things in our home. :)
Nothing better than a iTunes card.

The friend I work with that is a photographer has great kids and our kids love them around. She came to the party and was more than willing to take pics. This was awesome because just like most mom's out there, we are the ones behind the camera and never in the pictures. That just explains why I'm in the some of these. I was working on cutting and serving the cake. Cheeto was being cute and posed for Amy, re-enacting a "cutting of the cake" moment.
And this time he took advantage of the fact I wasn't dressed in a white wedding dress and did what he probably really wanted to do almost 13 years ago. :) It was funny and love him for it!

0 comments: