Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Great to be 8!

WOW! What a weekend! K will have quite the 8th birthday to remember! His birthday and baptism fell on Easter Sunday. How many of us can say our baptism day is our birthday and Easter? He was pretty excited about how it all came together.

It is such a blessing to have an 8 year old in the family again. It's such a gift to me as a parent to sit and listen to our child KNOW what it means to be baptized and WANT it for himself as much as I want it for him. G'ma C gave the talk on baptism. She was asking K a lot of questions, and I sat back amazed about how much he knows the doctrine and history of the church.
I'm so blessed to be married to a honorable man that holds the priesthood. It's moments like these that remind myself of why we are here on earth, to redirect what's important and to take the time really remember them. It's also these moments that I feel like I'm doing my job as a parent. That I am doing some good in my child's lives. We are so proud of K and HIS decision to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!
K has been counting down the days until he got his own scriptures and new bag. No joke! He was so looking forward to this moment almost as much as the actual baptism.


It feels great to have so many people love your children! Thank you all for making K's weekend such a memorable one!

0 comments: