Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mrytle Beach Marathon 2011





All his fun gear- laid out and ready to go for the early morning run


Mile 16 and the only thing he asked for was- CHAPSTICK. :)



mile 20.2
He just dumped a glass of water over his head...
this the funky sweat (i mean water) spot on his right shoulder.


the home stretch. 200 feet to go.......


Gun time 4:15
that would be a full hour faster than his first marathon last fall!
Split times:
Split 1- first 6.55 miles/9.02 min mile pace (warm up)
Split 2- second 6.55 miles/8:08 min mile pace (hitting his stride)
Split 3- third 6.55 miles/7:02 min mile pace (getting greedy and acting foolish) - "his words"
Final Split- 15:04 min mile.
He hit a wall and his legs were cramping like crazy.
They didn't have fuel stations as frequent as he is use to. I offered to try to get to him more he said he should be fine. Lesson learned- LISTEN TO SHENA! lol!!! oh yeah- and FUEL better!

Cheeto you are amazing! I am so proud of you!


a little spent....
I loved the medals! FLIP-FLOPS!

I'm such a fan! :)
.... AND let the record show that I'm hugging Cheeto all nasty and sweaty. He thinks I NEVER do this! I will admit it is NOT one of my favorite things but I was so so proud of him!




I thought the water was so cold but Cheeto liked it on his "oh so sore beat up" feet.

Victory Cheer!
It took everything Cheeto and Leesa had to jump but in my opinion (not that it was my sore muscles paying the price lol) it was so worth it for this great shot!
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!


I had this idea to write 26.2 in the sand and then going up to our room on the 12th floor to take a picture. It felt so huge writing it but from the 12th floor it needed to be MUCH bigger!


2 comments:

Carolina Chocolate said...

That's awesome!

Lyndzi said...

Way to go Cheeto!