Friday, November 12, 2010

Cedarock Park, Alamance County Field Trip

The boy's field trips at school are starting. I know I say it every time but I'm appreciative for Cheeto's parents to help so much so I have these opportunities to spend time with the boys. I love going on field trips with them! This trip took us to Cedarock Park, Alamance County, North Carolina. It's a little restored homestead of John and Polly Garrett from the 1830's.
It's a neat place that I keep forgetting to take my parents to when they come for a visit. It's a farmstead with lots of neat "old" stuff.


K took this. I gave him the camera for a little bit. He was one happy little guy!


Mr. Tony was telling the kids what kind of chores they would be given back in the day. One thing was that the children would collect corn cobs and clean them up and put them in burlap sacks. Can anyone guess what they would use them for? The kids just found out what they did with them in the picture above. It was hilarious to see them all say, " EW..... that's disgusting!"

Yep.... corn cobs would soak in water in the outhouse.
That was... what shall we call it.... their "toilet paper".




There was a donkey that was there when I went with Cade 3 years ago. She was really old then and they said she just passed away a couple weeks ago. "Bonnie" and "Clyde" the new barn residents were young and very skiddish with all the kids. K was very brave to go pet her. Mr. Tony said the day before he took Clyde out for a walk and Bonnie got so jealous that she jumped that stall. Yes that stall that reaches Mr. Tony's chest. She started getting jumpy and I started getting nervous. I could have done without knowing that they could jump the stalls. I am SO not an animal person!
Not sure why he jumped at the last second but it turned out to be a funny picture.


Garrett House Well

The "expensive" house



K insisted on taking pictures of me.
This one didn't turn out too bad. So I will allow it to be posted. ;)
I look so old and tired sometimes!

Field trips are just so much fun!

1 comments:

Jill W said...

You don't look old and tired. But I will say you look like your mom! Beautiful!