Thursday, October 22, 2009

Field Trippin again... MAIZE ADVENTURE


This week I went field tripping again but with K this time. This was one of those "play" days. There was not much learnin' goin on that's for sure. On top of it all this cheesy father came as a chaperon that started bossing everyone around, which drove me nuts. At one point, I decided I was going to use the restroom. The only thing available were fairly decent port-a-potty. Well, he announces, "Come on Mom, hurry up and go potty." Like I needed him to tell me what to do let alone talk to me like a little kid. I finished and started to walk back towards our class and he comes and put his arm around me and says, "Now, don't you feel better. No sense in being uncomfortable." I wanted to scream, "YOU ARE MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE!" Geez! Other than the freaky dad, the day was great. K is an amazing kid. He seems so much more mature than the other kids.
The first adventure was to find our way through a 10 acre corn maze. The Crazy dad decided he was going to be the leader. (I roll my eyes) We weren't in the maze 10 minutes before a bunch of kids started whining and complaining about how dumb and stupid it was, that they were tired already, and hungry, their feet hurt. Ridiculous. But not once did one complaint come out of my K. He was such a good kid. He actually told the kids in our group about him going on hikes with his family and it was much longer and more tiring than this. He told the other boy in our group to stop whining. It was pretty funny. After our "leader" wasn't able to get us out, we decided to just ask the maze staff to get us out.
The kids then were given bags of sand and got to pan for gems. K was in heaven. He absolutely loved this part. He could have done that all day. And even though his bag of sand didn't have a lot of gems and weren't any big ones he simply said, "Mom, I didn't get as many as some other kids but that's ok. I'm really ok with that." Ah... now why can't more kids be like that. K even wanted to sit by only me at lunch. I can't say enough how much I just LOVE this boy! They were took a tram ride around the corn maze and were allowed to pick out and take home a pumpkin. K was very particular about which pumpkin he was going to bring home. In the end, he found a very good pumpkin. He says he wants to name him but hasn't found a good enough name yet. Soon to come I suppose.


2 comments:

Lacey said...

Okay, that Dad is very creepy. I would have smacked him.

ashley said...

i would've said something to the dad. i would've let it slide the first time, but not for the whole day.