Thursday, October 06, 2005

Work & Play Hey, to all! Again not much exciting to report. Chemo and the two men he got to help us with our yard finished on Monday. It looks so much better than it did. We are so grateful we had someone to help us. I believe Cheeto is more happy about that than even I am. I have found a new craft to add to my christmas project list. Of course, I can't give details. Just in case you are one that might be receiving one. I spent all morning yesterday buying the materials and figuring out how to make one and then mass produce many more. I must say.... I think I'll have to make one for myself. Susie came over on Tuesday. I taught her how to knit during the afternoon session of conference on Sunday. She picked it up very quickly. She came over Monday and said that she messed it up and would like some more help. So Tuesday she brought "Monster In-law" so we could knit and watch a movie. I hope I got her on the right path again. Wednesday I took Nola and Chemo to the airport in the morning. Nola was getting pretty exciting to get out of Greensboro. (read Arellano Update) Then Kelson and I went to Wal-mart to some shopping. After lunch we went to pick up Cade. I have made it a habit/routine now that if Kelson falls asleep on the way to the school, I'll just get in the car rider pick up line and wait for Cade. But if Kelson is still awake and it's hot outside, I usually park and go inside to get Cade. Going inside is ALWAYS faster in the long run. Not as convenient, but we get home almost 15 minutes sooner. Anywho.... they have changed the line-up procedure at his school. They have put in new modular class rooms across the parking lot so the lot is now closed during school hours because kids are constantly walking back and forth. Yesterday, I was the first one in line. I waited for about 10 minutes before these 2 or 3 ladies drove up, moved the cones blocking off the parking lot and pulled up first inside the parking lot. I could tell the 5 cars behind me weren't too impressed either. I was on my cell phone talking to Melissa, so I somewhat kept my cool. Then it wasn't two seconds later that these two punk kids riding their bikes rode down the middle of the road knocking over all of the dividing cones. Made a huge mess, so now cars couldn't even get through the road without dodging cones. There are some real jerks in the world today. I'm sure you all knew that though! When we got home, Nippy came over to get some help finishing up invititions for Cecilia's bridal shower. Cheeto and I later watched "Lost." Man, what and addiciting show. I hate the way they leave us hangin'every week. I know that is their intention.... but still! AAARRGGGGHHH! It was late before we both got to sleep.

Cade's News C
ade has been doing fabulous this week. Not once have we fought about getting up and ready for school. He didn't even fight me when I made him eat school lunch for two days. He got mad about not being able to check out new library books because he wouldn't sit and study the ones he already had checked out. However, after only one day.... that changed! He is even starting to read them some with Cheeto. So exciting to see one of my children begin the reading stage. He has his first field trip tomorrow. I REALLY want to go with him. They are going to Bur-mill to the wildlife center/preserve. The only problem is that it's from 9am- 2pm. I'm not sure Kelson will last that long, and since Grandma and Grandpa are out of town, I don't really have someone to watch him. We shall see. Cheeto is eating lunch with Cade today and was going to talk to Sra. Castro about it.

Kelson Adventures Kelson was watching TV with me on my bed the other night. We were both trying to fall asleep. Well, Cheeto came in and found Kelson upset with what was on. I watching Dateline NBC about that airline that crashed in Peru awhile back. When we were on our way to the airport yesterday, well.... let's just say... Kelson freaked out on us. He DID NOT want grandpa and grandma to get on that airplane. He kept saying, "No, airplane fall down." He cried until we got to wal-mart. I couldn't believe it.

Arellano Update Nola and Chemo.... wow to make it short... kept getting bumped flights yesterday. They were suppose to take off from Greensboro at 11am i think. They called when I was in line picking up cade that they were finally taking off. That was around 2:30pm. What an airport to get stuck in. There is NOTHING at PTI. They got to Manchester safe and I'm sure board their tour bus about now this morning. Chemo is probably having a hard time containing Nola's excitement! :)

Christensen Update Mom and Dad are still in Canada. I have been emailing mom, well, I thought I was. She hasn't mentioned or answered any of the questions I have sent her. They are having a good time. Busy traveling and not much time for calling of us kids. I'm sure I'll get the down low of it all sometime next week.

0 comments: