Monday, October 31, 2005

Week in review

Work & Play WOW!!! So I don't write much anymore. My christmas craft making has begun and I have been sewing, knitting, painting, and card making up a storm. I can't say what in case your on my list of receiving crafty gifts. :) It's been fun but a lot of work. Monday the boys, grandma and I went to pick out pumpkins to carve for FHE. I thought Cade might struggle with the cleaning of the pumpkin, but to all of our surprise- it was Kelson. He was gagging like crazy. He didn't like the smell of it or something. We were carving it in the garage and we had to make Kelson sit with Cheeto inside. We had lots of fun. Cade picked to do the Spider and web. Not really surprised. He is so into Spiderman right now. The movie is too scary for him. But all he has asked for for Christmas is Spiderman stuff.
Friday night we had a trunk-n- treat at church. Our bishop wanted to combine with Guilford ward. We were NOT excited about this one. There were so many people there, not much food, and not enough seating for everyone. It took 1 hour and 20 minutes just to get people seated with food. The Trunk-n-Treat was fun with so many cars, but the rest of it wasn't worth our time. I think next year we might opt to just trunk-n- treat and eat pizza by our car or something, if they decided to make this an annual thing. The Spanish Branch one was fun though. I think Chemo had fun dressing up and getting into the Halloween spirit. Funny thing that happened there was someone asked Chemo how do you say "Ladybug" in spanish. His little girl was dressed up like a ladybug. Chemo was struggle for the word. Cade walks up and says, "It's Mariquita." Chemo said, "Yeah, that's it!" Funny!!!!! Cade finds the words quicker than g'pa these days. I love seeing what Cade has learned.

Cade News
Cade had an ok week. I was thinking I would go with him on his first "real" field trip. They were going to "Mr. B's Pumpkin Patch." It's towards Burlington, NC in a town called Graham, NC. I drove all of the other room mom's in his class, plus the other teacher's parents, who were from Columbia and didn't speak more than one word of English. Interesting! Well, I thought all along it was Friday morning. I found out Monday night that it was Tuesday morning. I made a mad dash to call mom and ask if she could watch Kelson. Thankfully, she came to my rescue... as usual! We had fun. They got to go through a bubble maze, pick them a pumpkin, pet some farm animals, and take a hay ride. Cade was such a good boy until he saw that I was driving "Millie" (our van). After that he started to cry and didn't want to ride the bus home. He wanted to go home with me. I felt bad, but school rules!

This week was also his book fair at school. Each class got to go in and make a list of the books they would like. I was so proud of Cade. The list he brought home had only one book on it. I saw other kids with multiple sheets of paper with their lists. Showed me that he knows that he knows better than to ask for everything. Made me one proud mom! Mom and I went Monday to get the books and were told we couldn't purchase them until Wednesday. Neither one of us were thrilled, but we put our name on them and put the aside. Well, Cheeto went to buy them Wednesday when he ate lunch with Cade. That way Kelson wouldn't see all of the books either. Well, guess what? They couldn't find the books we set aside. We had to try to remember which books we wanted. Got kinda crazy! I know Cheeto wasn't thrilled about having to find them either. But being the good father, husband, and son that he is; he did with a good attitude.

Kelson Adventures Kelson has had an interesting week. The potty training has seriously digressed. He wet his pants a couple of times last Saturday. Sunday he wet them during nursery. He hasn't once made "yuckies" in the toilet, always in a diaper or in his pants. GROSS!!! By Friday he was doing better again. Thursday we went to Costco. He fell asleep on the way home and while I was unloading the car I told him to run to the bathroom. I don't think he was quite awake- but he stood on our porch and wet his pants. He was running off the steps, in his shoes, and everything. I was so mad. I think we got somewhat back on track this weekend. But it has definately been a rough wee for the both of us!

Arellano Update Yesterday was Sunday of course. We always to go to mom and dad's for dinner. Unless they are out of town of course. Well, the oven never turned on and we had to wait until almost 3pm to eat dinner. We were all starving, except for the boys. We fed them Mac n'cheese. We didn't think they could wait. Mom made guiso's and of course there was separate one made by dad himself, HOT of course! We were all sitting around the table. Cheeto was watching the end of the Panthers game and mom and I were just chit chatting, when Dad shot up out of his chair and headed for the watertank. He just started drinking and drinking. I think dad finally made one TOO HOT for himself. I know it wasn't funny that he was suffering, but the rest of us had to chuckle. I don't think he even finished all of his dinner. He was hurting pretty bad.

Christensen Update
Mom and Dad finally got there tickets to come in February for baby and such. I found them tickets for $149 each. I was so excited they didn't have to pay so much to come and visit. We can't wait to see them! Also, mom said she had been having lots of problems with her car and decided after 250,000 miles and over 12 years of driving it, it was time to reinvest in a new one. They bought one Friday. She loves it, sad to see her other one go, be excited about the new one. It's always fun to get a new car. Don't know why, but it is! They spent most of their week in Park City, UT. There for golf business of something. Don't remember exactly what it was for. They had fun. They have all been sick and it's been lingering for weeks. Sucks to be sick this time of year when there is so much to get done.

1 comments:

Marcos said...

I finally posted an entry on my blog so check it out