Sunday, July 31, 2011

MOM! How much does glass cost?

Yes.... this is the question I get from K at 6:50am while waiting for the school bus. I knew this wasn't good! I walked outside and discover K was trying to prove to C that he could throw rocks further. We now know that maybe not farther but definitely harder.
as you can see, ( i couldn't tell until later in the morning) the rocks he threw went right threw the window. Found the rocks on the inside.

We also now know that safety glass does what it's suppose to. it shattered into thousands of tiny pieces but i held in place nicely. Unfortunately, this was the first of May and of course, it thunderstorms almost every afternoon. When I called the window replacement company, the gentleman advised me to call my insurance but DO NOT tell them that my 8 year old did this; to just say I woke up and found my van this way. Well, our insurance agent is a member of our ward and a good friend. I talked to him and he couldn't believe that K actually did this. But he said we had comprehensive coverage with no deductable. PHEW... K's butt was saved. Our prayers were answered. I didn't have to come up with a $300 that day but i still wasn't happy with K.

0 comments: