Sunday, December 26, 2010

First December Weekend








Decorating the tree was very enjoyable this year. Our kids, personally, own quite a few ornaments. I put on the ones I wanted and then made piles of the kids ornaments. They then went through and hung each of their own. It was fun listening to the "OH I remember this one" , "This one is my favorite!" or "where did I get this one" or the "How come I don't have that one too?" Kids make Christmas magical. I love them to pieces!

So excited for the parade!

This weekend was so crazy! Well, don't they all seem to be!?!?!? I have been working for a professional photographer for a few months now. It has been LOTS of fun! She gave me her camera to take and play around with to get more comfortable with. Can I just say... I'm in love!!! What a difference a great camera can make! And having some great photographer friends is amazing! K was being my little model. He's a handsome poser!
This particular weekend the kids had a "Nativity" play rehearsal at 9am and the bishopric was babysitting the older kids from 9-12pm. So we dropped kids off and Cheeto and I ran a Costco errand. We then picked up kids, dropped off Costco groceries and headed to the GSO Christmas Parade. I could only stay an hour and then I had a wedding to shoot with Amy. The wedding was at the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill. It snowed the entire day and through the evening.

A2 was very content with the snacks she found in her stroller. The
The constant head wear for the season!
And me still playing with the camera

Candy Canes were a good distraction from the freezing temperatures. I worried about the kids being cold but it was appropriate Christmas Parade weather. We have been to this parade before in jeans and a t-shirt. It just doesn't have the same feel when you're sweating. It was great even having it start to snow during the parade.


No one had any problems cuddling with this little doll to keep her warm.

While I was at the wedding, the rest of the family went to the ward party. A1 and K were in the primary production of the Nativity. They do it every year. You have to be in primary to be in it so this was Sassy's first year. She was a beautiful in the angel choir. However, Cheeto said she didn't sing much. K was an awesome shepard.

( C doesn't like being on stage for anything. So he played photographer.)

0 comments: